[

[[[[

2011년 3월 29일 화요일

Comparision Of the Movie "If Only"

Naver
http://movie.naver.com/movie/board/review/list.nhn?st=code&od=goodcnt&sword=39440

Yahoo
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808493518/info

MSN



1.Compare and contrast how the classifications affect how we approach that film.

    
 If Only can be classified as fantasy, drama, and romance. Well, I only thought about it as a romance, because I focused only on the tragic between the two couple. However,  if you just change little of your point of view and focus on the "taxi driver" and "the time", it's definitely a fantasy. Those who classified it as a romance could consider it very painfully sad love story, but for the others might think it as a "what-the-heck" movie. Just a person's point of view can change the numbers of "stars"!! 


2.what role does gender play?
     I could see the definite difference reviews and ratings between male and female.
Briefly to say, it was the saddest movie for most of females. However, I think it wasn't at all for majority number of males. I've seen a guy even saying "it was waste of my 96 minutes of my life." In my opinion, because it's a very sensitive love story, the movie's aimed for women!

3.Are there any other ways that film can be classified?
    I saw a website classified this movie as a comedy. I didn't know why they classified this way. However, as I looked up for a dictionary, I found out that it was a matter of meaning! To Koreans, comedy is more like a popular entertainment composed of jokes, satire, or humorous performance. But when you talk about "comedy" in movie field, it's more like a work that is light and often humorous in tone and that usually contains a happy resolution of the thematic conflict. I don't really agree with this classification, but I guess it's one of the answers for the question #3 - the comedy genre was wildly unexpected one for me!! :) 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기