[

[[[[

2011년 3월 17일 목요일

Commercial Comparison

I've Compared Mc Donald's snack wrap commercial in three different countries - Korea, America and France


Korea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwp8acT5a_A
In this ad, it says every set menu in McDoanld's is only 3,000 won between 11A.M. and 2.P.M which is a lunch time for workers. As you know, we Koreans LOVE  "for free" or "cheaper". This kind of ad certainly irritate Korean workers because they are really really busy and try to save their money as much as possible. I think it's sort of an unconciousness. I'm positive they made good progress with this term "3,000 won!"


America
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/GpwGN1HYXuQ?fs=1&hl=ko_KR

This video is from the U.S. If I were a guy in America and play basketball, I would love to eat a snack wrap when I'm too busy playing basketball and have no time to eat. You should know most of American guys love to play basketball or other sports and you should also know that most of American basketball players are blakc!! However, if I were a guy in Korea, this ad wouldn't move my mind a bit because basketball isn't  really as popular as in the United States.


France
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8nPBOZZIU
In the spot, a teenage boy sits in a McDonald's booth, looking at his class picture, when his phone rings. "I was just thinking about you," he says, with obvious affection. "I miss you, too" he replies, and then says that he has to go. His dad is coming to the booth with their food. Father sits across from son and comments that he was "quite the ladies' man" when he was his son's age. Dad then looks at the class picture and remarks that "it's too bad" that his son's class is all boys. The son can only smile.


The point, of course, is that the son is gay. Following that reveal, a tagline reads "Come as You Are" in French. "We wanted to show society the way it is today, without judging. There's obviously no problem with homosexuality in France today," Nathalie Legarlantezec, a McDonald's spokesperson, told French media. The ad airs only in France, but thanks to online video sites, it quickly went viral. It already has well over one million views on YouTube.

This is an explanation below the video on YouTube. I think even though this commercial focused on a society problem - homosexualism, it's also a cultural difference! I'm not sure you can air this kind of commercial in Korea since we are not yet allowed to have relationship with a same sex legally. I'm not saying that airing this social problem is bad. I think it's cool, and nice of them to speak to people that "since it's okay in France, just reveal yourself!"

댓글 1개:

  1. Good job. You found some of the key points about how culture affects ads. This is some good analysis. Fantastic!

    답글삭제